Thursday, November 27, 2008

Whinge Mode Disabled

I was all whin-ey yesterday wasn't I? Not the most attractive look on me I know so as ever I'm eternally grateful to the RotS crew who took me instancing and got me within spitting distance of level 74. They also got me shiny shoes and a shiny staff. That was from Azjol-Nerub (as the name implies, rather full of aggressive arachnids...). The we moseyed off to Ahn'kahet which netted me a shiny cloak. It was my day yesterday for the loot drops that was for sure. And of course going with Nao and TG (plate) and Mouse (leather) and Eloria (mail) means that I has no-one to fight for the cloth drops /big smile.

I'm also a fan of instancing for a number of reasons, the most obvious being I've been playing in groups with the RotS crew for so now long it's almost weird not to be playing with them. Blizz made an exceptional change in Wrath though,in my opinion. The instances I've done so far are all do-able in less than an hour. This is a big thing when you have children, your guildies work shifts, you're shattered etc. And the bosses are fun. Ok, granted - some are still straight tank-and-spank which I've been a fan of for layzee healz, but the others have variety; the last boss in Nexus requires you to move, as mentioned in a previous post. Now we've figured that to get rid of the frost de-buff all you have to do is jump, so someone stands behind me and every so often (usually when I'm turning blue) says 'Jump Pilf...'. Ez-mode. In Ahn'kahet the final boss, Herald (which I misread as Harold...) Volazj, casts Insanity which means that everyone has to fight 'shades' of the other party members - what a wonderful excuse to kick the shit out of your guildies!! Just a shame as a priest that I can't do anything too awful to them /giggle. And the xp rawks. I know that I'm on rested still but 6k a kill on the trash - yes please!!! I did about two-thirds of a level from two instances yesterday - and as I'm still finding questing a chore that's blatantly A Good Thing.

The final thing that's making me happy and stuff? Since I got my fishing to 400 it's only taking ten catches to skill-up. Whoot! I was despairing of ever levelling as it was about 20 lands per skill up. I've spent a fair amount of time fishing in the Dalaran Sewers (ick) and haven't managed to fish me up a pet as yet, but in amongst the sewer carp (I repeat ick) I got me lots of magic stuff that makes things fun...

No comments: