Saturday, November 8, 2008

An Introduction

Hello, the name is Naofa and I'm the Paladin in the title. While there are hundreds of blogs out there that deal with the mechanics of playing a Draenei Paladin in WoW, for me at least, this blog is a place to record the progress I make in the game and a little behind the mindset that I play with. May also cover some of the other toons I play, but we'll see what happens.

Right as I've said I'm a Paladin, but I haven't said what kind. I'm a tank. I leveled as a tank and I will continue to play as a tank. I off heal when needs must and once the dual specs come into play, if they do, I'll be having the second spec Holy, but that is out of defense. Defense may seem an odd word to use, but I'm the only raiding paladin in my guild, so all the spellpower plate gets thrown at me, So I might as well use it, shouldn't I?

But as I said I leveled as a tank, those of you who played as a tank spec, may say that doing so, pre-3.0.x was hard, nay stupid. But what you don't yet know is that I leveled with the Priest in the title, she leveled Holy, but I'll leave her to tell her own story. Basically we leveled in the specs we intended to play end game with, having played before on the horde side we both knew that what everyone always needed was tanks and healers so away we went.

Due to the way in which I leveled I do some things without thinking, if someone other than me pulls agro I automatically try to pull it onto me. Sounds ok in 5-mans and the like, but when I'm not main tanking? Ya see the problem? Thankfully I haven't caused any wipes.

As I said in the raid last night:
I am therefore I tank.
I tank therefore I am.

Actually typed that during a pull, I'm a paladin, they were undead, there were no threat issues.

Right that's it for now. There will be more later.

No comments: