Tuesday, November 18, 2008

DPS vs. Healing (or novelty vs. frustration)

Right - the DK thing. Um, yeah. So for months I'd been saying how I was never, ever ever going to have one on principle, then we installed Wrath and went to Northrend. It took me less than an hour to get frustrated with the Borean Tundra and skip to Howling Fjord. Then less than another hour to decide to see what DKs are like. Just to dip a toe in the water, y'know. Then I found out:

1. There is no race restriction (equates to: FINALLY a gnome class that I want to play!!!)
2. That they're so goth it hurts (equates to : tiny and gothic W00T)
3. That you get a mount straight away. Oh lovely mount, all goth to match the class!! For free (equates to: there's aren't enough exclamation marks in the world)
4. There are valkyries suspended around who return you to life (equates to: god I dunno - this rawks)
5. That the blues are cool.
6. That I get a minion. A ghoul.
7. Mega-death. Nuff said.
8. Flappy thing.

I could go on but I won't. Safe to say that Sinderella is more fun that I thought was possible. I've never managed a melee DPS class but here I am. And yes, I know that DKs are the new 'tard class and that all the (un)kool kidz have one. And yes, Outlands is basically the DK starting area so General makes you want to slit your throat. And equally, they probably are OP (but, y'know hero class??? They were always going to be surely?)

That said, RotS have been lovely about me neglecting Pilf but I'm very aware she is needed so at some point (probably this weekend) I need to get my ass in gear with her. She's gone and healed The Nexus twice (lovely right up until that last boss 'What do you mean, I need to move and heal??? WTF??') And, oh my god, props for the design of that place, it's gorgeous but she's not yet 71... Not an issue with the starting instances but in a few weeks when the rest of the gang are in the mid to late 70s it will be. So she needs some love. And soon...

No comments: