Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Where I am.

Been meaning to do this for a few days, but here I go. With the coming of wrath I have found myself spread out, not in a bad way but it has given me some insights I thought I'd share. I'm playing not just my paladin (73), but also my druid (70), my warlock (70), my hunter (70) and my death knight (61) and on occasion my shaman (55).

As such I thought I'd share a little of what I've found with each of these classes with you now.

Paladin
With the current changes I've found as a tankadin that I've to stop a lot less to drink, which is good. Divine Plea is the reason behind this and it has been just fun. I basically use it every cooldown when grinding/questing. I've also found myself replacing a lot of gear I thought would last me a long time. Te reason is I'm trying to keep my defense rating capped as I level, and to be honest I'm not sacrificing that much to keep this rating up.

Hunter
Leveling the hunter is easy as I always knew it would be. The biggest change that has affected me would be the change to the pet's defensive mode. When I attack something, if the pet is not in combat it attacks it too. Which I have found makes leveling easier. Though it means I get affected by the cower bug occasionally, but I got a macro for that. Also miss out on using hunter's mark, got a macro for that too, same macro actually....

Druid
No major changes with the druid, well till I go bear, then I notice something nothing major but I wouldn't want to tank an instance, that's for sure. The druid is feral dps spec btw.

Warlock
My horde character I took him affliction with the patch, I'm enjoying playing him, though I don't play him as much as the others. With the amount of shadow dots going on I find I'm not having to worry about my health much and thanks to this, I don't worry about mana either.

Shaman
I'm trying to get my shaman to outland as he will be restro specced out there. It was always the plan, it an even better one now as they really need healers out there, what with the flood of death knights. No big insights into shamans but I am liking this.

Death Knight
Right I thought I'd explain my thoughts on this class, they are not overpowered they are different. Death Knights rely on diseases, it is both their greatest strength and their greatest weakness. To be able to kill anything a death knight needs to use the abilities it has to put a disease on the target. Once diseased the death knight can use it's wide range of other abilities, depending on spec, to do even more damage. Death Knights also rely n their runes, 2 Unholy, 2 Frost and 2 Blood, these runes are used for some of their abilities if these are on cooldown and there isn't enough runic power, the death knight coud be in trouble. The abilities that use runes generates runic power. Like rage it is generated by abilities, but also like rage it disappears if not used, it just ticks away.

No comments: