Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My List

As we go into a whole new world (ok a whole new continent...) - this one has been kicking round in the back of my head for a bit, kind of inspired by Bellweather's post a while back, and as RL is wearing me out I want to get it down tonight on the basis that tomorrow I may not. Mine is a little more personal though, as in there are some namechecks and it's in no specific order either as doing that would be nigh on impossible... Tonight I give thanks to:

Zalaxta - GM of my first proper guild, Horde side. For giving me and a few others the impetus to leave the playground guild we were in and start up on our own. Zal went MIA about a year ago with no warning and we still miss her and wish she could have said goodbye.

Agrus - for being the paladin every guild dreams about having. For being an arrogant SoB (who I now admit, doesn't have a ponytail, either in Azeroth or in RL!) Most importantly, however, for being the guy that coped with the transition between Pilf in Azeroth, and Pilf large as life and twice as loud, standing in the middle of his kitchen. It can't have been an easy transition to deal with by a long way and it hasn't always been a smooth road but we continue to make progress. One day he will, to all intents and purposes, be my Bro (in-law). Also, I have to admit, he's one of the players who's opinion really does matter to me and the day he admitted he was 'proud' of me (the WoW Pilf this is) I knew I'd made it to the big league.

Bobslayer - for being the small dwarf with the big feet. For being the person I partied with loads, once he'd been persuaded that whilst PuGs suck, instancing with your guildies is a blast. For being part of the 'Friday Five' and for being an all-round, good-natured guy (even when the donkeys were braying loud).

Kinesthe - for being another legend and adding the phrase 'the big dude' [you have to imagine the broad Glasweigan accent for max effect] to my raiding vocab, and for all the times he literally whistled up the raid 'come along raid, up the stairs raid, that's a good raid...' And for being a donkey-kicker...

Swar - for being the fastest leveller I'd ever know, or for being a 'bot. I was never sure which. This guy gets much respect and every excuse to /flex.

Penelopeblue - for taking shit as a fellow healer and always bouncing back. For being an incredibly brave woman (in RL) and for continuing to play despite chemo, sickness and tubes. Pen, I don't play with you enough nowadays, but I'll always remember our Friday night instance-fests.

Saigyo - and his multitude of alts. For being a walking, talking wowwiki and knowing each class inside out. Most importantly to me though, for being my mentor, the priest who explained to me that hitting 70 was when you learned to play your class. Who held my hand through early Kara, who provided wonderful, constructive critisism and advice, never through raid chat, guild chat or vent, always through whisper. Who gave me buff food and made me realise that fishing would be worth it in the end. Who picked me up so many times when we were wiping, who talked me out of giving up healing, who made me the player I am today. I could write a chapter on this guy. Sai, I always have, and always will /swoon in your presence.

Patish - for being totally off the hook, opinionated, bonkers and a huge part of the Friday Five. Also sadly gone but not forgotten, Horde side.

Arcadoo - for making me realise that there are only 30 people in the world and the rest is done with mirrors. For making my laugh so much I cried when we realised that we'd probably met previously in RL and had drunk in the same pub for some time, not to mentioned lived about 2 miles apart!

Blondemagic - who I wuv virtually more than anyone else in game. My favourite PvP fanatic. A classy lolwock with attitude. I could write another chapter on the fun I've had with this guy but some of it would need censoring (I give you Wispas and a cup of hot chocolate - use your imagination /grin).

Semtex - for being the most non 'tard hunter I've ever met. For having a T-Rex called Bolan. For turning into a chick and dancing in Shatt wearing only his tabard (and the screenie says it did happen). For being guy who's going to make my hog in Wrath, who keeps me stocked with mana and health injectors. Who makes me robots and cuddly things but most importantly, for being some random druid who I PuG'd with, and, on the off chance, sent a cheeky letter to, asking to be kept in mind if his guild ever needed another priest. The guild he's in is RotS.

Akasa - for being another RotS dude and for letting me duct tape him when the (>'.')> got too out of hand. Props to the Camden boi...

Cat - For being the coolest tree on the planet. For waving her branches at the bad guys. For her funky moves on the dancefloor. For reining in the ladz when they need it. For being another injection of much needed oestrogen and for being her own, truly enigmatic self at all times.

Noir - for being a squeaky lolwock who gets regularly sacrified to keep the raid gods happy and never complains. And she's a gnoam, 'nuff said!

Chops - for being another non 'tard hunter and for being a space goat. For being da bosses henchman but always (well 99.9% of the time) in a nice way. For having th biggest laugh and the smallest bladder on the planet. For allowing 'comfort breaks' to be renamed as 'Stevie breaks'. For keeping me informed of things I *really* didn't want to know, such as 'monkey face' (not a CHANCE - go google it...)

Exthelion - for being da boss(y). For calling us 'kids'. For never pretending the guild was anything other than a dictatorship. For giving me immense shit on a regular basis and hiding that cuddly-marshmallow interior behing a tough-bastard-Glaswegian exterior. Ex, heaven forfend you ever see this you *are* a hunny-bunny-wunny-kins. And yes, I do let Nao read the screen when you're busy freting about me /smirk. You can piss me off a great deal but only because you're even sarkier then I am. very few people can out-argue me; Ex is one of them. He's also the reason RotS are so wonderful and, as they never recuit, I'm very grateful that you gave first me then Nao a chance. I hope we continue to do you proud.

Jeeessus - and the variations thereof. This post proves that sometimes, timing is a bitch. It's taken even longer to write than I thought as half way through, Nao (who is on vent) informed me that Jeees is quitting. He's been given the choice that we'd all rather live without and has made the right decision. RL before WoW. So I had to log on and say goodbye. I've never known vent so quiet. And I know that I wasn't the only one in tears either [thanks for whispering me Kitty, I thought it was just me]. His final words were 'I have to log, this is worse than getting divorced and I'm not joking'. It sounds melodramatic until I think back to when I was quitting Synergy, the speech I typed to the officers and the tears I cried for along time afterwards. Jees, I salute you mate.

Stadi - for confirming my belief that all rogues are deeply depraved, not just the undead ones. For regularly saying stuff you usually have to call an 0898 number to hear. For being my personal lockpicker and for being more grateful than I thought possible when I gave him the pet that I only ground to prove I could.

All the Synergy raiders - who are to numerous to name. The guys who were immensly encouraging and put up with me finding my way as a baby raid leader. Despite it all going wrong eventually (not enough experience, too high expectations and immense self-pressure and self-critisism on my part) you guys were imba.

Naofa - what can I say? My partner in both Azeroth and RL. My other half, the tank to my healer, the calm to my tantrums, my soulmate. Without you I wouldn't be playing this damn game still... and despite everything, I thank you for this.

Nameless - for personal reasons. The person who introduced me to WoW and bought me the game and who is no longer in my life. For all the water under the bridge and everything that happened I still thank you for the introduction to Azeroth and the people that inhabit it.


[EDIT - I know that I've forgotten people but I'm tired and emotional - I may return to update...]

No comments: