Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A little about me

First off...

*stands*

Hi, my name is Naofa, and I'm a WoW addict.

Right that's that out of the way. I thought I'd give you a bit more insight into me as a person and a player.

As hinted and suggested before Naofa is not my first toon. My first is my night elf feral druid, he was the character I always wanted to play. He also has a unique name, as far as I'm aware at least, that of Fiatim. The name came about due to a mistake regarding my real name and a newspaper photograph of me at a work-do. And when I say I he is a feral druid I mean that, he was always planned as feral druid, right from the early days, you know, in the 1.0 days.

However he was not my first 70, no that honor fell to my blood elf warlock Zataz, who leveled as destruction, shadowbolt spam was the way I went. Since the patch however he has since gone affliction, the fire emphasis of destruction these days is not Zataz's way. Plus it would mess up all his gear. Zataz has fallen into disuse while I leveled Naofa, but I intend to level him to 80, it will allow me to see the content from a Horde perspective.

Perspective. Now there is something I should talk about. I could make new post about that, but I'll continue on from this one. As you can now see I have three level 70 characters. Not as many as some out there, however these are not the sum of all the characters I play. At one stage or another I have played one of each character class, either as horde or alliance. Aside from wanting to see how much I liked playing each of the different classes, I wanted to get a perspective on each of the classes, see how they would work in this situation or that situation. The limits that each class has and how to work round them. Like many people out there I will be making a death knight, however he will not be on my 'home' server, lack of room issues aside, I don't want him there, he will exist on my 'test' server. This 'test' server is not a private server, in anyway, it is were I go to mess around, in messing around I got a hunter to 67....I'm still trying to figure out how I did that. But this is where I will make my Death Knight and learn first hand the capabilities of such.

Why do I do all this? Simple. Naofa is my main. He is a tank. As such, I have found that if I know the limits of other classes I can work my pulls and such around this. It is not the general way that people play as far as I can tell. Now that is not to say I can go pug and manage each pull perfectly. What I am saying is that I know the base limits of most classes. However the limits I have mentioned concerning the classes, does not mean the limits on a character. The person playing a character changes the limits to which a character can go and it is only through repeated play with a character, a person can you learn what they can and can't do.

Another thing is I read, a lot, if I don't know something I will know in 10 minutes, I wish I could do this in all regards but in WoW I do, as such I have earned the nickname 'Wowwiki', thanks to Pilf. Not that I blame her, it's true. Only problem is, my knowledge is mostly due to the fact I've gone through the content so much. Having played so many classes, so many times, I know the staring areas, the pre-60 areas (you don't know bad drop rates till you play in the barrens as horde), the outland areas really well on both sides of the coin. Even with the amount of reading I've done in regards Wrath I'm still in the dark about what is to come.


.....I'm hoping I don't mess up too badly.

No comments: