Friday, December 12, 2008

Bring on the Heroics... Oh Wait... Wha?

Cause for big bangs and munchies as both Nao and I hit 80. I'd forgotten (hitting 70 seems like along time ago now) how the actual *ding* moment is similar to the Estate Agent telling you that your sale/purchase is finally complete - you expect utter joy and instead get a 'thank goodness that's over' feeling. or maybe it's just me, I dunno. Anyways yes so we have finally levelled and I, at least have some epix that are useful, and some that only have value for their additional sockets so the meta gem in my hat will work. But enough with the powered by Wowhead linkiness - what happened next I hear you ask?

Well, we were overconfident/foolish/arrogant enough to assume that we could blitz through a heroic now - I mean, how hard can they be? Not very if the content up until now was anything to go by. Um yeah. That was a bit of an assumption though, wasn't it? We went to Old Kingdom, the usual suspects group and oh my goodness did it suck hard. It took us 2 hours to do 2 bosses... At the optional boss, the one we hadn't seen before, we gave up as it was late. I'm trying to remember if the Outland heroics were this big of a step up - opinion seems to be divided between Yes, of course they were, it was just so long ago we don't remember and Zomg are you kidding me? They were never this hard!

Maybe it is just that up until now we've swanned through all the content - Crowd control? Nah let's just pew-pew style thing. Maybe it's that we're way undergeared, though how we can be when we're all decked out in top level regular instance gear and crafted epics? I don't know. Maybe it's that we did get a bit full of ourselves and Blizz decided a smackdown was necessary. Whatever the reason I know that it left everyone feeling a bit shaky and with a list of things to fix. For me, it's the (lack of) mana regen thing. For Nao it's the need-to-stack-stam-now-I'm-defence-capped thing. Sem's about to get his DPS horribly nerfed (and see the ever wonderful BRK for a hysterical response), Blake, I dunno - same for Nip who's just respecced into elemental. So, yes, a learning curve, one might say. Progression others might say. What we say is screw it, we're gonna do these (but we might go somewhere else tonight...)

1 comment:

Jud said...

Well gratz. I dinged 70 about 3 weeks before WoTLK came out, so I missed most of the endgame content when it was buzzing.

My guildies have been making some weekly runs, though, so I am catching up on things I might have missed, like the Black Temple, Mount Hyjal, etc.

I am more than halfway to 80 now, and hope to make it by year's end.

Happy holidays